Saturday, April 30, 2011

Change is not a bad thing

All in one day I went from being a full-time student and employed full-time to being an (almost) college graduate and...unemployed.



What the (bleep) just happened?  Have you ever heard that Alanis Morissette song Ironic?  Yeah, well that's about how I was feeling when I got that call.  "You graduated from college, and got fired the next day...isn't it ironic...don't ya think?"

I honestly don't remember much of what was said other than, "It's not working out...I'm going to lay you off".  I was completely caught off guard.  Panic started to set in.  My mind was racing a mile a minute.  Hello, I have child support to pay.  $#@& Now what??  Deep breath.  Oh no, not the ugly cry.  Deep breath.  Call Tommy.  More of the ugly cry, followed by some blubbering.  Breathe Kellie, breathe.

My wonderful husband responds to my news with, "Ok, so what?"  Now, some of you might think that he was being an insensitive jerk.  Quite the opposite!  He was trying to calm me down and make me realize that we will be okay.  He asks me, "Why don't you just be a mom?" in response to my question of "What am I going to do?".  This man is a genius I tell you!  Wow, so my life totally just changed, I'm no longer crying...I'm actually....happy about this!  I get to focus 100% of my time on my children and my family.  This is going to be awesome!

Deep breath.  Feel the wave of peace rushing over me.   My. Life. Rocks.  And so does my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!