Tuesday, July 20, 2010

30 weeks, 3 days today!

So today marks 30 weeks and 3 days into my pregnancy.  I am feeling great, aside    from the occasional occurrence of heartburn brought on by  my overindulgence!  Tommy left on Sunday morning as we were heading to church for his two week class in Pennsylvania.  So, that leaves me here with the three kiddos all alone, but we have been managing just fine so far.

Tomorrow is going to be an exciting day for me...because I will be seeing my midwife for my first visit with her.  We went as a family to do the initial consultation/interview with her.  I'm really happy with my decision to birth at home (barring any complications), and I'm truly looking forward to sharing this experience with my husband.  I want to show him that birth is beautiful and emotional and totally a normal process.

Over the next few weeks, we're going to be making lots of baby related purchases.  It's a little overwhelming when I think about how much money is going to be spent preparing for his arrival!  There's the midwife's fee of $3500, plus the nursery furniture which is going to amount to about $2500, then all the gear we will need (stroller, carseat, breastpump, etc.) which will be around $1000.  Then add the remaining cloth diapers, blankets, and clothing and we've got about another $500 or so.  So with about $7500 to spend in the next 10 weeks, it seems like alot!

However, we are TRULY blessed, and the Lord always provides for us.  Just when we need it the most, he sends tiny blessings our way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!