Tuesday, May 3, 2011

My week so far: An Update on Life as a SAHM

Yeah, I know, it's only Tuesday.  I've had a few days to adjust to this life of leisure, if that's what you want to call it.  My days look like this:

7 am:  Wake up.  Nurse Tristan.  Both of us go back to sleep. (((YAWN!)))

9 am:  Wake up for real this time.  Nurse Tristan again (boy he sure does eat alot!).  Feed the dogs.  Feed myself and have my decaf coffee.

10 am: Shower time!!

11 am:  Play with Tristan, do a little laundry, get his swim bag ready to go.  Load the car.  Finish filling out his BUDS sheet for his lesson.

12 pm: Head to the swim lesson.

12:15 pm: Watch the swim lesson.  Smile the entire time, even though he is crying the entire time.  My little man is really good at floating on his back.  Makes me proud.

12:30 pm:  Head home from swim lesson.

1 pm:  Nurse Tristan while I eat lunch.

1:30 pm:  Turn on the TV or sit in front of the computer (as I'm doing both at the moment).

2 pm:  Try to get Tristan down for a nap...this could take a while.

3 pm:  Realize that it's quiet, Tristan is asleep, and I have FREE time!  Woo hoo! Where's the tequila?!  Just kidding.  Start working on the scrapbook I have been procrastinating on for the past seven months.

5 pm:  Realize that dinner time is fast approaching and then decide I should go to the store to get something awesome to cook.  Or if I have leftovers I realize I have plenty of time to procrastinate on heating dinner up.

6 pm:  Dinnertime.

7pm: Attempt to settle down for the evening.  Tristan usually starts to get cranky around this time.

After that~ usually consists of entirely too much TV.

I think I need to get a hobby.  My life is really boring!  And Tommy, if you're reading this, pretend I put in a 3 hour jog sometime in the mid-afternoon.  It will make you feel better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!