Thursday, January 26, 2012

Hiatus Interrupted

I've been on a writing hiatus for quite some time now. Life happened. My husband came home from overseas for a break, we enjoyed the holidays with our families, and I just haven't gotten back into my writing groove. I'm working on it though. I'm excited about a new project I'm starting, which I promise to tell you all about as soon as it's a done deal. I'm just waiting on the final details!

On another note, I'm also really excited about a few upcoming events. Next month, I've secured a ticket to see John Edward speak. Some of you might ask, "Who is John Edward?" He's a world-renowned medium. The "I see dead people" kind of medium. I used to watch his show, Crossing Over years ago, and I remember talking to my mom about the show back then (before my grandmother had passed) and about how cool it would be to sit in and watch him work. Of course, I had forgotten all about that until last night. I was watching a DVR'd episode of the Kardashian sisters in New York, and he made an appearance on their show to read Kim. I was moved by his message hitting home with both her and her sister Kourtney (ok, I know some of you are already scoffing at the facts that 1) I watch the Kardashians, and 2)that I buy into the "medium" stuff). As I usually do, I started surfing the net on my phone, found his website, and saw that he has tour dates scheduled for 2012/2013. One of them just happens to be near me, in Melbourne. It also just happens to be two weeks from yesterday. It also happened to NOT be sold out (yet). Surely this is a sign of some sort. I figured if the stars would all align, then it was meant for me to be there. It's seeming to be a happy accident of sorts, so far. Today, I was able to get my sitter lined up for that evening. I purchased the ticket. For those of you that TRULY know me, you KNOW that I am SO NOT the type of person to go to ANY EVENT alone. However, I am making a HUGE exception for this event. I feel drawn to go, and while I realize that the odds of me being read are slim to none, I am super excited to hear him read others in the audience. I'm taking my tissues with me because it's sure to be one heck of an emotional night! I'll let you all know how it went...

The next thing that I'm really excited about is Valentine's Day. Yes, I realize that my honey won't be with me on V-Day. However, I've got a surprise in the works for him and I can't wait! I've started the ball rolling, and I will share some of that surprise with you all on Valentine's Day as well.

Lastly, my hubby will be home in just over 5 weeks. We're planning a monumental trip to Whistler, BC so I can lose my skiing and snowboarding virginity. The only part I'm NOT looking forward to is the long day of travel there and back, especially with our 16 month old in tow! It will be well worth it once we're playing in the winter wonderland! I'll be out of touch for about 3 weeks while he's "home" next time. We'll see how this 3 week vacation turns out.

I hope you've all had a great start to your new year so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!