Tuesday, November 15, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 15

Where has the time gone? This blog challenge is already half over! Today I'm going to share a bible verse with you. This one is important to me because it rings so true. My husband and I knew that we wanted to have a child together. We were pretty set on waiting until our life together had calmed down. My husband wanted me to graduate from school first, then we could start talking about a baby. The closer I got to graduation, the more I knew I was ready. We talked it over and decided that if it was time for it to happen, then we'd let it happen. My husband was so set on wanting a son. He's already got a daughter, but he's always wanted a son to carry on the family name. When we found out we were expecting, I was half excited and half scared. I knew how much he wanted a boy, and I was worried that if this baby we were carrying was a girl that he would be disappointed. I knew he would love the baby either way, but I didn't want to have to see that look of disappointment on his face. The weeks passed, and before I knew it were were having our 20 week ultrasound done and attempting to find out the sex of the baby. Most important to both of us was the health of the baby, and sex was secondary to his well-being. I wish I had a camera to capture my husband's expression when the ultrasound tech announced that we were having a boy. I've never seen my husband quite as happy as I saw him in that moment.
I asked the Lord to give me this boy, and he has granted my request. ~ 1 samuel 1:27 from NLT


To see the full list of the daily challenges, see this POST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!