Monday, November 21, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 21

Today I'm supposed to share my all time favorite photo of myself with you and tell you why it's my favorite. I shared this photo with you a few days ago, and I'm going to share it again.

This photo was taken the day after my youngest son was born. Let me paint the picture for you. My husband and I were expecting our first child together, a boy. We decided when I was around 32 weeks pregnant to switch out of my ob/gyn's care and into the care of a midwife. I really wanted a homebirth, and after a couple of weeks of convincing, my husband agreed to let me try. I labored easily for about 19 hours - I was able to move around and pretty much follow my normal routine. I did homework, went shopping, worked a little, even slept in the very beginning for about 6 hours. Later in the evening it got a little bit more intense, and I had to work a little harder to get through the contractions. My midwife and her assistant showed up, and Tommy and I got to work on having this baby. I'll spare you the rest of the details (you can read my full homebirth story HERE), but we had a successful homebirth. When my husband took this photograph, I can only assume that I was remembering the wonderful experience we had bringing our son into this world. I know I never wanted to take my eyes off his sweet face, and I'm sure I was thinking about my older kids when they were that age as well. I marveled at every crease in his skin, every eyelash, every strand of strawberry blonde hair (there weren't that many of those at first!). I was completely in love, and I think he was in love with his mommy too. I think this is why this is my all time favorite photograph of myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!