Saturday, November 19, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 19

Day 19 already?  Where has the time gone?  Today I'm supposed to talk about something I miss.  Since I'm on my way back to Florida with the three little people that I usually miss the most, I'll pick something else to talk about today.

If we're talking people, I should say that I miss my husband. I truly do miss him, but he will be home before I know it. In my heart, I have to say that I miss my MD friends. I miss hanging out with them on the weekends, impromptu lunches and dinners and cocktail hours. I sometimes miss the freedom that came with being a single mom. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my husband and I love being married. I gave up a lot to be with him, and I certainly have no regrets. However, there are days that I miss the fun times I used to have with my girlfriends. I don't have a swarm of friends, never have. The distance has changed my relationship with my two best friends. One I speak to pretty regularly on the phone, and she's been down to visit. We had a blast when she came, even with all the kids! The other I haven't talked to in months. I miss her. I'm just as much to fault (pretty sure that phone does work both ways, huh?). We didn't have a falling out or anything...life just happened. I had a baby and became totally consumed in him. Her kids are both grown adults now. I guess we're just at different life stages. I always think about her and wish her well in my prayers though. Some of my fondest memories, especially in my adult years, I shared with her. I think I'm going to have to make some plans to go see her next week. Nostalgia has hit me hard!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!