Monday, November 28, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 28

Stressors. We all have them. Today I'm to tell you about one of my stressors. Money is a big stressor for me. I've been fortunate as of late to not be so stressed about the finances, but it's always in the back of my mind. I know that money doesn't buy happiness, and I truly believe that. However, money does pay the bills, keeps scary landlords off your back, and ensures your car is full of gas and that your fridge is full of food. Most arguments between married couples are due to finances, and I'm so fortunate (in this marriage) that no matter how broke or not broke we've been, we do NOT fight about money. My husband works hard for our family, and I respect that. He respects that I work hard to take care of our household and our kids. He never belittles me for being a stay at home mom, and is constantly thanking me for all I do. I thank him frequently for the sacrifices that he's made for our family. Let's face it...my situation with my older kids is a big stressor in the pocketbook. Between child support that has to be paid each month (yep, my husband pays that too - for MY kids - because he's awesome), and the cost of travel between Maryland and Florida a MINIMUM of four times each year, usually with 3 kids in tow, money can be a big issue. My husband has never let the money come between us, so this stressor that used to be a big deal hasn't been such a big deal in the past couple of years. That doesn't mean that told traumas don't cause anxiety when the bank account is getting low. It just means that I'm learning to not let it get to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!