Thursday, November 3, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 3

Day 3 is about my first love. This one is tough to write!
My first love was in 9th grade. I'll call him "J". A good friend of mine (at the time) had a HUGE crush on this boy. She wanted me to talk to him for her, put the feelers out, so to speak. I befriended him (at her request), because we were in math class together. He was funny, and a really nice guy. We were friends first, for sure. He made it clear he wasn't interested in my friend, but that he was interested in me. I felt bad for her, but I had really come to like him as a person over the previous weeks. He "asked me out", and I agreed. I grew to love him (in a 14-15 year old way). Neither of us could drive, so it's not like we really had the opportunity to date much or go places alone together. We did our 10th grade homecoming dance together. I remember his parents taking us to a restaurant, and letting us sit at a table by ourselves while they had dinner alone together. I still have photographs from that night of the two of us (one even made it into our yearbook that year). He was a good guy, and he never tried to pressure me into doing anything that wasn't right. From what I know about him today, he is a faithful husband to his gorgeous wife, and he has two beautiful little girls. It would seem that he is as much of a stand-up guy today as he was then, if not more so. We were together for 10 months, and then I blew it! One silly kiss with an Italian exchange student and he and I were over. It took awhile, but we got over it and became friends again. I've always felt really bad about what I did to him, and always regretted it. I think it all worked out in the end, for the both of us. The whole butterfly effect has placed me exactly where I want to be in my life.

To see the full list of the daily challenges, see this POST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!