Thursday, November 17, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 17


Today the task is to tell you all about something that I'm looking forward to. This is such an appropriate task for today because I'm SO very looking forward to seeing my three older kids tomorrow. (For those of you who don't know, my three older kids live out of state with their father. This certainly isn't by my choice, but in the past three years I have come to terms with it and I'm making it work from my end.) The big kids get a full week off school for the Thanksgiving holiday, so tomorrow after school is over I will be whisking them away for a week of fun and sun in Florida. This will be the first time we've spent Thanksgiving together at my home in Florida rather than at my parents' home up north.



While they're here, I'm hoping to get in as much fun with them as we can. My youngest has been talking about going ice skating since he was here over the summer, so we will definitely do that. (I know...ice skating in Florida? Who knew?) We'll also be getting together with my in-laws to have a Thanksgiving meal either Wednesday or Thursday. I'm hoping to spend some time at the park and the beach with them as well. The weather looks like it will cooperate for now.

Another thing I'm looking forward to comes after the big kids are back home after the holiday. In just over two weeks from tomorrow, I'll be picking my husband up at the airport for his next break! He's only been gone 3 weeks but it already feels like three months. We don't have any huge plans while he's here this time, but we will be traveling north to celebrate the Christmas holiday with my family up there.

What do you have to look forward to?

To see the full list of the daily challenges, see this POST.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!