Sunday, November 20, 2011

30 Day Blog Challenge - Day 20

Nicknames.  Today's topic is nicknames.  Well, I don't recall any nicknames for me as I was growing up.  Unless you count fatso, carrot top, little orphan Annie, etc.  I don't have a long formal name, so Kellie was just "Kellie".  I guess sometimes you can hear it being slightly shortened as "Kel", but I never introduce myself as "Kel".  My brother was a Daniel, so he was always "Danny" and now that he's older I guess some people might call him "Dan".

Honestly, I'm not a huge fan of nicknames.  I don't have one for my daughter (unless you count "Sissy"), or any of my boys.  The two older boys have both taken on nicknames for themselves ("Nate" and "Jake"), but I prefer to call them by their full first names.  My husband likes to call our son "Junior" and sometimes just "T" or "Little T".  A couple of times I have called him those names as well.  My best friend chided me for calling him Junior because it reminds her of the boy character in the "Problem Child" movie series.  Okay, I see her point!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show me some Comment Love!